All about me

My photo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
A Level Media Student

Friday 4 May 2012

EVALUATION-How does media product represent particular social groups?





My magazine is aimed at teenagers and young adults between the ages of 15-25, my front cover model will more likely appeal to the teenagers as it is a young pop star. I wanted to portray her as being likable so that the younger audience can relate to her. My model is dressed in casual clothes so that readers from lower and middle working class can also associate with her. Although my model breaks conventions of a stereotypical pop star because her hair is dishevelled, she is dressed in black and she is not smiling for the camera, I think this helps to appeal to the older half of my target audience. The model is also leaning into the camera as if she is going to tell us something. This reflects her story in the article as she is telling us her secrets. I decided to only use one image on my front cover so that she is the main focus. For my contents page I also took pictures of exsisting cd covers like Michael Jackson and Britney Spears, I also took a picture of Drake at his concert. I have added these images because it has given my magazine diversity, this means there is a wider range of audience to appeal to.

No comments:

Post a Comment